4 Simple N’ Easy Fish Recipes For High Blood Pressure
Not everyone is a fan of meat, and sometimes you might prefer a healthy fish-based meal. And while we have already covered the chicken recipes for high blood pressure elsewhere, here the focus is entirely on fish recipes for high blood pressure. We have brought you 4 such recipes, they are easy to prepare and are exceptionally good for a heart-healthy diet. Additionally, they are low-to-no-salt recipes that make them perfect if you’re on the DASH diet as well.
So let’s check out…
Healthy Fish Recipes For Hypertension
Like we said, we have brought you 4 recipes, and we’ll try and list them according to the ease with which you can prepare them – starting with the simplest. However, just to make it clear, none of them take much time or effort at all.
So let’s start with the …
Spicy Baked Fish Recipe
This is the simplest because all you need is 3 ingredients:
- Salmon fillet – 1 pound
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Spicy seasoning (salt-free) – 1 tsp.
Now for the method of preparation:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Spray some cooking oil onto a casserole dish.
- Wash and dry the fillet – then mix the oil and seasoning together in a separate dish.
- Now drizzle the fish fillet liberally with your seasoning-oil mix.
- Bake the fish uncovered for about 15 minutes, or till the fish flakes when pressed with a fork.
- Cut and serve with rice.
It’s really that simple. The next recipes, though, are a little more complex in comparison.
Roasted Halibut With Tangy Fruity Relish
The sweetness of the banana and the tang of the oranges complement the otherwise mild flavor of the halibut quite well. Add a dash of fresh cilantro and ground coriander to the mix and you get an exotic but simple fish-based main dish.
Here is the list of ingredients:
For the relish:
Tip: to segment the orange slices, first you have to cut the edges with a sharp knife and then remove the thin white peel and pith. Then chop as you would a tomato.
And here is the method of preparation:
Prepare the halibut:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the fish into 4 equal portions.
- Next, prepare the seasoning in a bowl – mix the coriander and salt and sprinkle liberally on both sides of the fish. Now place fish on the baking sheet.
- Bake the fish till it flakes when you press it with a knife – should take about 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Prepare the relish:
- Take a medium sized bowl and mix all the ingredients for the relish together till all of them are well incorporated.
- You can even refrigerate the relish for about 2 hours to get the flavors to come out.
- Place the fish on a platter and top with the relish – and serve!
Next up, is another exotic fish preparation…
Sweet Pepper Salsa Fish
Here is the list of ingredients for this dish:
And now for the method of preparation:
- Thaw the fish, cut into portions, and wash and pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Take a large skillet and heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Cook the mushrooms, onion and pepper till tender – it takes about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to lift and set aside in a separate dish.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and add the fish. Cook on a medium flame for about 8-10 minutes till the fish flakes when pressed with a fork. Make sure to turn the fish once for it to be cooked well on both sides.
- Add the cooked vegetables and the salsa – cover and cook over a low flame for about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and serve warm.
And now finally we turn to something that you will definitely enjoy – especially if you love steaks. Whoever said you need to make steaks with only meat – fish works fine too. Here’s how…
Here is your list of ingredients:
Now for the method of preparation:
- Thaw the fish, wash and rinse and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Take a shallow dish and combine the ingredients for the marinade.
Preparing the fish:
- Coat the fish liberally with the marinade.
- Refrigerate the fish and marinade for about 30 minutes to 1 and ½ hours to get all the flavors incorporated into the fish.
- Drain the fish and reserve the marinade once you take it out from the refrigerator.
- Place the fish on a greased but unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil the fish 4 inches from the heat for about 10-12 minutes till the fish flakes when pressed with a fork or knife.
- Turn once and brush with marinade halfway through. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Squeeze each wedge of lime per steak, and serve warm.
So these were our easy and yummy fish recipes for high blood pressure. And as you must have already noticed – there’s hardly any use of salt, in keeping with the tenets of a heart-healthy low-sodium diet. In fact, we have a few more heart-healthy low-sodium preparations listed right here – do check them out too!