4 Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes For High Blood Pressure!
In order to understand what especially makes this remedy so good for high blood pressure, we take a look at some studies first…
Apple Cider Vinegar Studies About Blood Pressure
There have been a number of studies to demonstrate whether Apple cider vinegar can actually work in lowering blood pressure. And we have brought you a few of the instances here:
The First Study…
carried out on lab rats and other animal subjects in the year 2006 showed conclusively that ACV was indeed lowering blood pressure as well as blood cholesterol readings. However, most people do not go by that since it was an animal testing instance and there was no corresponding study on humans till recently.
However, more recently, it was actually tested on human beings too…
The Second Study…
While these tests weren’t as well documented, a number of instances have been cited where people who were regularly consuming a set amount of ACV were seen to have lower blood pressure readings than those who weren’t.
Of course, we are only considering patients with hypertension here – and remember that the change wasn’t a very big one. But as you will know, with blood pressure, any lowering, even a slight one, is significant. And ACV can help you to do that.
So, that was what the studies had to show… but there needs to be a basis for Apple cider vinegar to indeed work when it comes to blood pressure lowering. And that is something that we will try to look into in this next section:
Since conclusive studies are lacking, we can only guess how ACV can actually affect your blood pressure and lower it. However, there are a few very supportive facts that do help to tip the scales in favor of a shot of apple cider vinegar a day for high blood pressure patients. We’ll look through some of those now:
- Firstly, apple cider vinegar is rich in antioxidants. High blood pressure puts a lot of strain on the walls of your arteries and coupled with the free radicals in the blood, this is a downward curve for the arterial walls. But the antioxidant actually helps to heal.
- Secondly, the link between apple cider vinegar and lower blood cholesterol levels is actually far more documented than the link with blood pressure. However, it goes without saying that people with hypertension also have high cholesterol levels, and by targeting the cholesterol, the blood pressure can also be controlled!
- Thirdly, apple cider vinegar is actually a very good detoxifying agent. The walls of the arteries harden with plaque formation as you age. Of course, the plaque is much greater in people who lead an unhealthy lifestyle and those with prior heart conditions. The detoxifying effect of ACV actually helps to flush these blood vessels and lessen the plaque somewhat. As a result, your blood vessels allow for more blood to flow without resistance, reducing blood pressure.
- And the final effect has to do with the high potassium content of ACV. It is said that high sodium in the blood and body leads to high blood pressure – and likewise, patients are asked to control their sodium intake. The potassium in the ACV works hand in hand with this – balancing out the sodium and lowering blood pressure.
- While we do include this, it is not a very well-researched point and that is why we bring this in in the end. It is said that an alkaline diet – one that helps your body to maintain an alkaline pH is instrumental in keeping blood pressure low. And even as apple cider vinegar is an acid in itself, its effect in the body is to alkalize. Therefore, it helps you to keep a high pH or an alkaline state!
Summarized Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
You can also have a look at the following video to get a better idea of what Apple Cider Vinegar can do for you:
And now that we have seen the many ways in which apple cider vinegar can do the trick for you – we need to finally get to the recipes so you can draw the maximum benefits!
When blood pressure is your major problem, and you would like to use ACV, you need to of course keep in mind that it is a vinegar after all. And that means it is quite acidic and sour! That doesn’t exactly agree too well with either your teeth, or your esophagus or even your taste buds – especially in its undiluted form. So, you need to have the recipes. However, before we move on to the actual recipes, it is necessary to mention the recommended dosage.
Normal blood pressure = 2 tbsp. of ACV daily
Now that that is determined, here are 4 ways in which you can do that – keep in mind each of these recipes affects your blood pressure in other ways too:
Apple Cider Vinegar – Honey – Drink
The aim of this recipe is to lower the sodium content in your body. The ACV gives you a dose of potassium, which balances out the sodium – and lowers blood pressure:
To make the drink, mix together:
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Pure organic honey – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 1 glass
Drink this twice a day for the best results. Also, do make sure to cut down on your overall sodium intake to help it along. For this you can check out our DASH Diet Guide. That’s a special diet for people with high blood pressure – and aims at cutting back on all things that can raise blood pressure.
Next up we have…
Replace Coffee with Apple Cider Vinegar
This is another clever thing to do! The caffeine isn’t doing much good for you – except maybe helping you to keep fatigue at bay. But ACV will help you to do that AND add on to your help. Not to mention that caffeine is not good for your blood pressure, but Apple Cider Vinegar IS!
Just replace your regular coffee with ACV shots – that’s 1 tbsp. of the pure vinegar with the ‘mother’ (choose a brand that comes with this) mixed in with a glass/large cup of water two times a day, in place of coffee! Again, you can flavor it with honey or mix in other juices instead of water if the taste bothers you.
You can also make a…
Apple Cider Vinegar – Cayenn-Pepper – Tonic
This works on both levels… Both the cayenne pepper as well as the ACV work to lower blood pressure. Plus, the drink gets spicy as you go – so it is a nice adventure for your taste buds as well!
To make the drink, mix together:
- Water – 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Cayenne pepper – 1/16th of a tsp.
You need to take this twice a day, like the honey and ACV drink. And as you get used to the spiciness of it, you can increase the amount of cayenne bit by bit till you can work up to a quarter of a tsp. Your body does not need any more than that. So stop there!
And now for our final recipe, possibly the yummiest and most multipurpose one to rustle up!
This one also serves two purposes. A fresh salad increases the amount of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in your diet. All these contribute to a lower blood pressure level. Plus, the apple cider vinegar in the dressing gives you a shot of extra potassium, that keeps the sodium levels balanced!
Now, you can make any kind of dressing using ACV, since most classic salad dressings have some form of acid – lemon/lime juice, pomegranate molasses, vinegar etc. And Apple cider vinegar adds more than just sourness, it adds on its own flavor.
To make the dressing, just put all of these into a small lidded glass jar:
- Apple cider vinegar – ¼ cup
- Extra virgin olive oil – ¼ cup
- Honey – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – from 1 lemon
- Dried basil – ½ tsp.
- Mustard powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper – to taste
Now close the jar and give it a good shake. Drizzle over your salads. You can even use half and keep the rest to be used the next time!
So that was another easy and yummy way to incorporate ACV into your diet. Plus, the extra virgin olive oil isn’t bad for you either – so even as you are adding oil, it isn’t an unhealthy one.
That’s about it for today with the Apple Cider Vinegar recipes for high blood pressure. Here you learnt not just about how to incorporate it into your daily routine, you also learnt exactly how ACV will do the blood pressure lowering trick and the fact that it has already been proven. Now it is for you to try it out in your personal life and benefit!
What is a recommended Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the best natural Apple Cider Vinegar Brands is the ACV from Bragg. Also below you see a list of the most common and high-rated apple cider vinegar products on amazon, you might check out.
- Serving Size - 1 tablespoon
- Does Not Contain: Preservatives.
- Certified Organic Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity, and contains the amazing Mother of Vinegar.
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is organically grown, processed and bottled in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990; and is also Kosher Certified.
- It's a wholesome way to add delicious, light flavor to most foods. GLUTEN FREE. NON-GMO CERTIFIED.
- Each bottle is 16 fluid ounces
- Rich in enzymes & potassium
- Helps control weight and promotes digestion & ph Balance
- Relieves muscle pain from exercise
- Helps maintain healthy skin and helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
- Rich in enzymes and potassium
Last update on 2018-01-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API